Vatsalya ~ Sanskrit for Mother's Love


         Every man and every Soul comes into this world because of her Love. A Mother is what makes and inspires life into Men and Women to be everything that they'll ever be.......

 Today is my dear Mother's birthday. I want to thank her for all the sweet, wonderful joy and fun, selfless prayers and sacrifices, the endless unconditional love and support and the many listless things she has blessed me with.....

I wanted to share with you this list of all my favorite quotes dedicated to her,

I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine - she helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights.  ~Terri Guillemets

Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.  ~Marion C. Garretty

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.  ~Washington Irving

A mother's happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories.  ~HonorĂ© de Balzac
The best academy, a mother's knee.  ~James Russell Lowell

A mom reads you like a book, and wherever she goes, people read you like a glowing book review.  ~Robert Brault,

Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother's secret hope outlives them all.  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes, by dozens and hundreds.  Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers and sisters, aunts and cousins, comrades and friends - but only one mother in the whole world.  ~Kate Douglas Wiggin

Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world a mother's love is not.  ~James Joyce
The mother's heart is the child's school-room.  ~Henry Ward Beecher

My mom is literally a part of me.  You can't say that about many people except relatives, and organ donors.  ~Carrie Latet

One lamp - thy mother's love - amid the stars
Shall lift its pure flame changeless, and before
The throne of God, burn through eternity -
Holy - as it was lit and lent thee here.
~Nathaniel Parker Willis

No one in the world can take the place of your mother.  Right or wrong, from her viewpoint you are always right.  She may scold you for little things, but never for the big ones.  ~Harry Truman
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers.  ~Jewish Proverb

Life is the fruit she longs to hand you,
Ripe on a plate.
And while you live,
Relentlessly she understands you.
~Phyllis McGinley

Who fed me from her gentle breast
And hushed me in her arms to rest,
And on my cheek sweet kisses prest?
My Mother.
Who ran to help me when I fell,
And would some pretty story tell,
Or kiss the place to make it well?
My mother.
~Anne Taylor

My mother is a poem
I'll never be able to write,
though everything I write
is a poem to my mother.
~Sharon Doubiago

P.S ~ Thank you Mom for making me a Man filled with the Love of your tireless heart.
Your beloved son
~ Jai Krishna Ponnappan :)